Roofing systems (especially, flat roofs) take a beating.
- They are subjected to exceptional weather conditions including UV degradation, excessive heat, extreme cold, high winds, heavy rains, and snow loads just to name a few.
- Stressed by natural building and structural movement due to settlement.
- Changes in building usage or the addition / alteration of penetrations through the roof.
- Other contractors, service people, and foot traffic on the roof has caused premature roof failure for thousands of businesses.
Data collected by Firestone Building Products over a 15-year period revealed the following:
- Building owners with proactive maintenance programs spent, on average, $0.14 per year.
- Building owners with reactive maintenance & repairs only spent $0.25 per year over the same period.